Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISA 550W : Youtube streaming stops after few seconds

Since I have installed the ISA 550W, the Youtube videos stops after few seconds. It happens on all my devices : Windows 8, Samsung Smart TV, Android, Windows Phone...

I have the lates firmware.

This problem does not occur with other streaming site like DailyMotion.

I diabled HTTP on antivirus but it has not changed anything. The web browsing is faster.

Application control is not enabled.

Any idea ? Thanks in advance.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried turning off any of the other Security Settings (i.e. IPS)?

Have you tried reverting back to the previous firmware to see if the issue still exists?

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Looking back at the release notes for 1.2.17, it appears that this is still a known bug.  See bug CSCug05341.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/release/1.2.17/ISA500_RN_1_2_17.pdf

I'd recommend opening a ticket with SBSC to help escalate the issue.  As well they may have a workaround.  You can do so using this link.

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Silver

Hi Qais

To open a case, you need to be within your 12 month warranty and you need to call the Small Business Support Center and speak with a representative to open a case. The phone numbers are located here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
20 REPLIES

What firmware are you using?  I believe that issue existed with 1.2.15 but resolved with 1.2.17.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Thanks for your answer, but it sounds like the issue still exists in 1.2.17 (my firmware version)

Have you tried turning off any of the other Security Settings (i.e. IPS)?

Have you tried reverting back to the previous firmware to see if the issue still exists?

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

I had the same problem with firmaware version 1.2.15.

I disabled all security services and it seems taht the IPS is the responsible !!! But I need the IPS :-(

Looking back at the release notes for 1.2.17, it appears that this is still a known bug.  See bug CSCug05341.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/release/1.2.17/ISA500_RN_1_2_17.pdf

I'd recommend opening a ticket with SBSC to help escalate the issue.  As well they may have a workaround.  You can do so using this link.

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Many thanks. Now thing are clear : I have to wait for the next update :-(

No interim fix? Hopefully next release is coming up soon

Cisco Employee

HI,

please open a support case to try out the fix.

Let me know if you need any help on this.

thanks

Wei

Thanks for your help. By the way, how do you open a case ? I am quite new in Cisco word...

Silver

Hi Qais

To open a case, you need to be within your 12 month warranty and you need to call the Small Business Support Center and speak with a representative to open a case. The phone numbers are located here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thnks Cindy. I opened the case and we will see :-)

Case opened: 626960901

Cindy, I can gurantee you this was NOT resolved with 1.2.17.

Hi,

i had this problem too, but i cloud it resolve to disable this feature:

Firewall -> Content Filtering -> Advanced Settings -> Blocked Service -> Active X.

There is some strange behavior on it, because some web sites without ActiveX, you can not seen it.

One other thing is Performance on IPS:

you shouldn`t overlap the zones, for examble WAN plus DEFAULT or VOICE.

The device starting to inspect every Zone and if your internet-zone are WAN and your locally workstation zone is DEFAULT every paket are inspectet 2 times.

As said previously, a case is open and has been escaladed to Level 2.

It is know as a bug, and Cisco teams are working on it...

In the mean time, the only way to avoid problems with Youtube is to disable the IPS. :-(

Re: ISA 550W : Youtube streaming stops after few seconds

Hi,

i have same probleme with video and download for the file with size more 400Mo.

The probleme is not just YUOU TUBE is all file transfert (download) i have test and have problem on :

- download packet (games) for PS3

- download ISO file from microsoft (microsoft partner)

- read you tube video or another.

Same problem here with 2 ISA550W's, they are on diffrent location with diffrent ISPs. All large file downloads get interupted, sometimes even virus scanner updates, which is a serious security risk.

Hi,

i have do more test on this problem today and after disable all services and enable one by one i arrive on result is the Anti Virus block or disturbe the good process on download file for you tube or for another system.

My configuration is :

Product : ISA 550W

Firmware : 1.2.17

ISP : free with maximum 1Mo download with test linux image file from here :

http://www.ubuntu-fr.org/telechargement?action=dl

I hope this can be help cisco to find quickly solution because this solution can be temporary.

I no buy option "security services" to have this service disable.

thanks

The 09/10/2013 : you can enable anti-virus and disable HTTP scan and youtube work and download work fine.

Just to keep you inform, since I opened a case, Cisco is developing a fix that will be part of the next firmware release. I am testing a beta version, which resolves the current streaming problem but Cisco is still investagating on some others tests with this beta version.

I have a ISA-570 and it has had the same problem since I installed it in May ('13).  Thanks for you update.  I look forward to trying their new firmware release when it comes out.

Views
Helpful
Replies