Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Isa Reboot impact others equipments

Hi

Something strange :

I have 6 sites, each one have a provider router for the MPPS VPN.

On the same time, I have Cisco ISA 570 (with adsl linked) on each site for the site's internet access.

This is my problem :

All my IP Phone on each site have the MPPS router in gateway (not my ISA).

My Phone Server (Alcatel OpenTouch) on my main site has the MPPS router in gateway (not my ISA).

So when i reboot my ISA570 router on my main site, all IP Phone on all sites loose their link with the Alcatel server, and reboot.

When I am on a distant site with an IP Phone, I'm trying to ping the server Alcatel through the MPPS VPN, I have 4 or 5 lost ping, causing all IP Phone to reboot..

I am not understanding this fact, because, the ISA570 is not logical between IPPhone and their server.

I have heard about trunk spoofing or something like that.

Another test that i have had made is to shut down the switch port of my ISA570, so the ISA is no longer visible on LAN : Continuing pinging my Alcatel Server and IP Phone and no problem and no ping are lost !

So it is only the reboot of the ISA tha is causing my IP Phone to lost their server connection for a while (about 4 ou 5 ping).

Is somebody have an idea and could help me ?

Kevin

1 REPLY
Bronze

Isa Reboot impact others equipments

Hey Kevin,

Will you be able to share your topology so that we can see more detail.

Thanks

Vijay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content