Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISA550 & AnyConnect - VPN transport mode?

AT&T is telling me that our new U-verse modem "supports Cisco VPN only in transport mode, not in tunnel mode". We had an old AT&T DSL modem prior and VPN was working flawlessly until the U-Verse modem install.

We are using an ISA550W gateway and AnyConnect 3.0.2052. Same static IP as before from AT&T also.

I did a search of the ISA500 manual and could not find how to change the VPN mode from tunnel to transport. I also can't find a setting for it in the AnyConnect client.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Gold

Alex, Please see the

Alex,

Please see the following document.

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=25477

Are you forwarding all traffic from the Uverse modem to the ISA550? It sounds like the Uverse firewall is blocking the inbound traffic. I spoke with one customer who placed his Cisco SMB router between the box on the outside of his building and the Uverse router. Apparently the box had a coax and ethernet connection, so he used the ethernet to his router. Then he connected the Uverse router to the LAN of the Cisco router and everything worked perfectly. I don't know if this will work in your case, just a thought.

- Marty

Thanks, I'll read that link

Thanks, I'll read that link and get things going in transposrt mode.

Our U-verse modem actually has had it's firewall disabled for us by AT&T. Still having lots of problems.

EDIT:  I read that link and it only seems to explain how transport mode works compared to tunnel mode. I could find nothing on how to enable this mode on an ISA500 or in the AnyConnect software.

AnyConnect with ISA relies on

AnyConnect with ISA relies on SSL VPN, there's no transport or tunnel mode.

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Views
Helpful
Replies