Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISA550 drops PPPoE connection

The ISA550 has the latest firmware.  It has started dropping the PPPoE connection and I have to reboot the modem or the ISA550 to get it to reconnect.  It happens many times a day - most of them for a few minutes - and then reconnects.  However, about once every 24 hours I have to reboot either the router or the modem to get it to reconnect.  I was blaming the ISP but it appears the culprit is the ISA550.  Any ideas of why it would be dropping?

Also - i have noticed lately that I cannot reset the ISA550 by using a paper clip in the back of the unit.  It will reset if I use the configuration page in the unit.  Maybe the unit knows it's being put out to pasture??

7 REPLIES

Anybody home??????????

Could this have anything to do with it?  I'm getting these error in the ISA550 logs

2014-03-06 21:21:12 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

2014-03-06 12:53:13 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

2014-03-05 22:14:36 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

2014-03-04 23:43:05 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

2014-03-04 21:41:55 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

2014-03-04 21:40:11 - Err - System:  sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open() failed on msg queue /sdsd, errno = 2 (sdsd)

Gold

John,

Looks like there is a bug that causes that error message:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2226940

- Marty

Gold

John,

We have not seen other reports of this with the ISA500 series. I would ask the ISP to replace the modem, if possible with another brand/model. Also, check if the WAN port is negotiating properly with the modem. If the modem is 10/100, set the router to 10/100 instead of auto-negotiate. If that doesn't resolve the issue, contact support and open a case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Well I'm confused.  The link you gave (which i had already found) lists several people who are reporting that issue with the ISA550.  In fact your engineers were working on it and somehow it got dropped or disappeared around december of 2013.  Is there unreleased firmware to fix it?

Gold

John,

The recommendation is to open a case so that the development team is aware that this is a problem and can begin working on a resolution. I'm guessing that they are already aware of this and are working on a fix, but the more cases opened the more urgency there is.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Thanks I opened a case.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content