Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ISA550 - Slow Performance

I hope I'm not revisiting my performance problems with the SA540 here.  Yesterday, I replaced a client's Cisco/Linksys home router with an ISA550.  This is the first one I have sold.  The web filtering is disabled, but the antivirus, network reputation, and IPS is enabled.  First thing this morning I get a call saying their Internet access is really slow.  I looked at the IPS status and see where it seems to be blocking a lot of traffic including Symantec, which it should not be blocking.  No viruses are reported.

The client uses a cloud application.  They have 35 nodes active as I write this.  About a half dozen are IPods, which are used for scanning in the warehouse.  The firmware should be the latest (1.2.17).  I checked the bandwidth usage (ISA550 report) and they certainly aren't maxing out their bandwidth.  I also checked the total WAN bandwidth and at times it is reporting over T1 speeds.  They only have a T1, which is shared with 12 phone lines in a dynamic configuration (more data bandwidth available if phone lines are not active).

So, did I sell the wrong product here.  Shouldn't this ISA550 at least be able to keep up with a Linksys N900?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

ISA550 - Slow Performance

I'd disable all security services, wait some days, if it's better turning one on and so on, to find out which one is slowing down the speed.

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content