Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISA550 will not import certificate - error message is "Error"

I have a brand new ISA550, upgraded to the latest firmware 1.2.17

I have generated a certificate signing request, sent it off to rapidssl, and received the .crt back, along with

the intermediate and root certificates, also in a .crt.

When I try and upload the root and intermediate certificates, the ISA comes back with an "invalid format" error message.

When I try and upload the device certificate, I get a small popup box that says "Error", with an OK button.

Really hard to diagnose what the issue is here.

Examining the certificate in windows tools show that it decodes ok, looks valid, has a valid cert chain etc., so I am at a loss as to what is wrong.

HELP

Ross

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Ross,

Can you send me the .crt files you received?  You can private message them to me if you'd like. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Any progress with that certificate issue??

Cisco Employee

Hi Ross,

We're still investigating this.  One thing we're looking at is the format of your cert file.  I just sent you a private message asking for the actual .crt files.  I did find a workaround where if I open it in Windows and then export it as Base 64, I was able to import it into the ISA.  Can you try that while we investigate what's going on with the other cert file?

Thanks,

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content