Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISA550W: Does WAN Redundancy support session affinity?

Hi, we're currently using the ISA550W in WAN failover mode.

I'm wondering if we switch to the weighted dual-WAN mode, is session affinity is respected? That is, if we have a PC on the internal network using an external web site, will all subsequent connections use the same WAN interface, or will they possible be switching back and forth between different WAN interfaces depending on the load?

I don't see any mention of it in the docs, so I'm assuming that it is not supported.

Thanks,

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Weighted Dual-WAN mode, a connection from a PC should continue using the same WAN connection for the destination the original session was established to.  However, if the PC opens another session (i.e. a connection to a different site), then that session should use the best connection, which may mean that it uses the WAN2.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
2 REPLIES

In Weighted Dual-WAN mode, a connection from a PC should continue using the same WAN connection for the destination the original session was established to.  However, if the PC opens another session (i.e. a connection to a different site), then that session should use the best connection, which may mean that it uses the WAN2.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Hi Shawn, that's great, thanks for the fast response.

Neil

Views
Helpful
Replies