Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

ISA550W dropps wifi connection

Ive noticed that through out the day the wireless connection will drop out (disconnect) on emploees computers and either reconnect to same SSID or another SSID.

I have two SSID's set up on the unit.

We have several other AP units in the building as well that are differnt networks.

Is there a way to see whay teh connection is being dropped by the computers ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: ISA550W dropps wifi connection

You can turn on logging under Device Management -> Logs -> Log Facilities. Be sure to set Severity under log settings as well. One consideration is depending on how your wireless APs are setup, you might have overlapping channels. Do you have a means of scanning to determine what channels are currently used?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Thanks - i already have teh logs on - but they dont really tell me why the connection dropped?

Ill have to keep an eye on when it drops and then look at the logs when i reconnect....

Yes i do and the wirelss is on a channel by its self

Re: ISA550W dropps wifi connection

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Sorry for delay in responce

Yes im running the latest firmware 1.2.17

You mentioned that you have 2 SSIDs.  Are the WiFi drops only happening on one of the SSIDs or does it happen on both?

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Ive only been noticing that it dropps on one SSID - ( as im connected to that SSID daily)

By the time i see teh drop i dont have time to check teh other SSID as they are normally back up -

What's the possibility of having two devices, one connected to each SSID, to determine if it is just a single SSID or all wireless?

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content