Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ISA550W Upload Large Files(Bigger than 4MB) Failure

Hi to all and wishes for a peaceful 2014!

We fave an ISA550W with firmware 1.2.18. The issue we are facing is that when trying to upload or send via email files larger than about 4MB it fails!

For troubleshooting purposes we have disabled all security services but the issue still remains. The MTU set to the ISA is 1485 and it is the maximum value that we get responses from ping tests. The tests are performed from an XP PC with df bit set to 1272 which is the maximum value that we get responses. The maximum packet size of ping from the ISA Diagnostic Utilities that we get response is 1464 bytes.

We have two different providers and are using one as primary and the other as failover. Regardless of which ISP is set as main, the issue remains.

When replacing the ISA with the routers provided by the ISPs (cheap ZTE) the issue does not appear.

Any help will be very much appreciated as we are a creative office and are in desperate need for sending/uploading large files.

Best wishes.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Do you have any firewall rules regarding ICMP active?

Also check in Attack Protection if there is something blocked.

Try to lower the MTU (for testing only) to 1200.

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Michael.

Only the default firewall rules apply with all LAN to WAN traffic permitted.

In the Attack Protection under WAN Security Checks and Firewall Settings I unchecked everything and under DoS Attacks kept the default settings which are the maximum.

I have also set the MTU to 1200 but no luck! :-(

Any other suggestion will be appreciated!

Many thanks

Can you set the local MTU of the client to 1200 and test again?

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Community Member

Thank you Michael once again for the effort!

Unfortunately with MTU set to 1200 still does not send large email. I have tried with attachment 8MB but no luck! :-(

Any other suggestion will be very much appreciated as we are in a dead end!

Many thanks again.

Community Member

As I could not find a solution and my manager was "breathing down my neck" we have changed the configuration from PPPoE to Static IP for our internet access and are using our ISPs modems for PPPoE and it seems to be working now! The MTU is set to AUTO now for the Static IP configuration.

However it is a configuration that I do not want to keep as the ISP has to NAT everything to our ISA and we have no control over it!

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content