Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

ISA570 and RV220W Site-to-Site IPSec VPN - Cisco support can't fix it !

Good day,

I have an ISA570 and I'm trying to establish a site-to-sit IPSec VPN to a Cisco RV220W.  After many attempts I finally got a hold of Cisco support and they WebEX to my PC to "fix" the problem.  They issued me an SR (#626442905) and worked on it for a good 2-3 hours before telling me they'd have to work in their lab.

3-4 days later I got an e-mail from Cisco saying they fixed the problem.  Had them WebEX to my PC but their solution didn't work, so they went back to their labs.

This morning (July 4th) I received an e-mail telling me they couldn't fix the problem and my case, from what I can understand, was being closed.

Can't Cisco get their act straight and have their OWN products work together ????

I have a total of 19 tunnels and ALL of my remote sites are using RV220's, RV180's and even some old RVL200's.  When I chatted with Cisco about the replacement of my aging RV082 I was told the ISA570 would work with my remote sites.  Now that I've purchased the ISA570, seems they can't get it and I'm dead in the water.

Anyone with a solution for me ?

Thanks,

Dan.                  

• Small Business Security
Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES

ISA570 and RV220W Site-to-Site IPSec VPN - Cisco support can't f

Good to know that you're angry on Cisco, but how can someone help when you don't post any config snippets or logs or any other details?

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

Re: ISA570 and RV220W Site-to-Site IPSec VPN - Cisco support can

As Ciscomax stated, would you please provide more information on what challenges you're having? Any current configuration information would also be helpful.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Good day,

As I've mentioned I'm trying to establish a simple site-to-site IPSec VPN between an ISA570 and an RV220W.

I tried every possible configurations I could think of, but I never got the link to go up.

I have included a PDF file showing screen captures for both devices configs.  These are the configs Cisco were trying to get working.  Also included some logs from both devices.

Hope this will give you an idea.

Thanks,

Dan.

When using DynDNS you should insert LOCAL ID and REMOTE ID in the ISA, I'm quite sure you'll see some logs in the ISA regarding this.

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Gold

Daniel,

I have reviewed your screenshots and I have some recommendations for you.

ISA550W: Screen 2 - *Remote Network: ToDlaf

Does "ToDlaf" describe the RV220W LAN? Go to Networking-> Address Management. Settings should be as follows:

*Name: ToDlaf

Type: Network

*IP Address: 192.168.5.0

*Netmask: 255.255.255.0

(I'm guessing that you have this part right, just want to confirm)

RV220W: Screen 9 - Local

Identifier Type: FQDN

Identifier: dlaf.dyndns.org

Change to:

Identifier Type: Local WAN (Internet) IP

Identifier: (Your RV220W WAN IP will auto-populate)

I think that the reason the connection fails is the Identifier Type in the RV220W. I would need to see the logs from the ISA to confirm that.

If changing the Identifier Type does not get the connection up, try 3DES/MD5 instead of 3DES/SHA-1 as a test.

If you still cannot connect, please provide some IPSec VPN logs from the ISA side.

Please keep us updated.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies