Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISA570 IPSEC Remote client software config

Hello all,

I've been monitoring the forum for the last couple of weeks as I recently picked up the 570 for my office.

This no doubt will seem an overly basic question for you all but along with looking it up real soon on my own , I figure I can ask as well.

I got the service contract in place so I can download the client side VPN software. I got passed that, went thru the steps of setting up the client and linked up with the device at the office... I see the the vpn activity is being logged and a speedtest shows the the ip of the vpn I designated.

but that's it.. I see nothing else.. perhaps it's the fact I configured the client software with the static ip of the utm itself and not of the windows server in the office?

Now I have no network skills and I intend to upgrade my skill set real quick , and I figured the answer lies there!

But hey, if I can get a quick answer on this one, it'll save big time.

Besides the expected and deserved responses I can easily get, I would hope to get at least one friendly response getting me pointed the right away.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Rick Sanchez

Middletown, NY

• Small Business Security
2 REPLIES

Hello Ricardo,

It seems that you were able to establish the VPN tunnel.

Now, in order to see more from the office site, you need to make sure that on the office site the different permissions to access the resources you want are configured.

If you want to access your windows server through VPN, on the location of the windows server, you need to make proper configuration (firewalls, access list, IP assignments, etc, I don't know how is your network configured) to allow remote access (via VPN) to your server.

What I suggest is to go and check your network configuration where your windows server is located, and test again your VPN.

If you are still unsure of what to do, please provide me your network topology, that way I can point you in the correct direction in order to solve your problem

Alejandro Moncada
SBCD Engineer
almoncad@cisco.com

Hello Alejandro,

Thanks for your help. I'll check the user access settings on the server, as well as firewall and ip settings and configs.

The VPN tunnel is def up, and I'm glad we no longer need any 3rd party monthly subscriptions that for all you know can leave us exposed now or down the road. So this part is done.

Now for the network shares..

With your permission, I'll reach out to you directly as needed.

Thanks again

Rick Sanchez

Middletown NY

Views
Helpful
Replies