Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

Hi

Is it possible to enable NAT loopback for the whole internal network? There's a step-by-step tutorial for NAT hairpinning in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/technical_reference/nat/isa500_NAT_appnote.pdf

But it seems that I have to create a new rule for every single host. Is it possible to enable hairpinning for the whole LAN network?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

I am sure you figured this out by now, thought I would post anyway.

You should be able to hit the internal address by creating a rule to allow one subnet access to the other subnet, given you are using the same dns servers for both local subnets.  

If you want to access the public subnet from internal like you are saying, I would think you could do this, but I haven't verified it.

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

Thanks for your answer. Actually I already tried that, but it's still not working.

Gold

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

Hello Marty

I already read this document (see my first post).

My problem is, that I'd like to have hairpinning for a whole network, not just a single host (see my second post).

Thanks

Gold

[ISA570] NAT Loopback

conx-yves,

I'm confused about what you are attempting to accomplish. In the example "Default_Network 192.168.1.0" describes the whole LAN network. All hosts in 192.168.1.0/24 should be able to hairpin traffic back to the LAN using the WAN IP. So if any host goes to http://1.1.1.1, they will be redirected to the Web Server at 192.168.1.2.

Do you have multiple servers that you want to create a single rule for? Please explain the traffic flow that you wish to accomplish.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies