Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA570W failes to update virus DB

My ISA570W fails to update the virus DB. The last update took place upon installation 2014-Jan-05. I{S and application control are updating regularly.

I have tried to manually update over the last several days and receive a message that an update is in process? The pattern number is 680000, the version is 201401042122. I have an active 3 year license.

Message: Anti-Virus automatic signature update is already in process now.

Thanks in advance for any help.               

11 REPLIES

Jon, I've noticed the same behavior on some ISA550s I manage. Once I forced a reboot of the devices, they updated automatically following the reboot. I then did a manual update and they functioned properly, reporting that the signatures were up to date. I don't know if the automatic update will work, so I'll keep an eye out. Firmware is at 1.2.18 for what that is worth.

Cisco Employee

Hi Jon,

This is a known issue in the 1.2.18 firmware.  Once in this state, the auto-update doesn't work until a reboot.  Once rebooted, the auto-update should work unless you attempt to manually update the AV. 

This has been fixed and should be included in the next release.  We do have a beta firmware that has a fix for this.  If you would like to run the beta firmware, go ahead and open a case with SBSC so we can work to get it to you.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks,

Brandon

When is the new release scheduled? Will the frequency of signatue updates increase? After a reboot, my signature is up to date and over a week old.

Installed 1.2.19 and this

Installed 1.2.19 and this seems to be fixed. Thanks!

Jim

The newest firmware (1.2.19)

The newest firmware (1.2.19) worked for about one day.  Now, it doesn't automatically update (though it appears to check) and when I try to update manually I receive an error that updates can't be applied due to not enough memory.  This is bologna.  For what is paid in these services it should work flawlessly.  I am quite irritated.  When my 3 years are up (and maybe sooner since it's no good anyway) I am going with a Sonicwall.

Cisco Employee

Hi,Can you open a case with

Hi,

Can you open a case with SBSC?  Mine is updating and I'm not seeing that error.  We need to investigate what is going on.

Thanks,

Brandon

So I applied firmware 1.2.20

So I applied firmware 1.2.20 which is supposed to patch the heart bleed issue.  Since putting it on it appears that the antivirus updates are working HOWEVER now the device reboots.  In addition, access to websites seems slower.  

I am in the same boat as RIV3

I am in the same boat as RIV3, I just got a random reboot and filed a support case with Cisco.  Anybody else with this issue, please speak up.

bboklewski and others -

bboklewski and others - anyone get any resolution to the problems noted in the latest firmware revision (1.2.20)?  

Also, you’ll want to be sure

Also, you’ll want to be sure to secure your VPN authentication beyond just a password using a shared secret between your VPN client and the server. There is a 3rd party integration that will do that.

I have stuck with .15 version

I have stuck with .15 version, which seems to be stable for us and virus definitions seem to be working for Security Services.  Too many issues with .20.  I don't have the heartbleed fix as that came out in .20, so we had to turn SSL off.  I can almost guarantee you Cisco will not be fixing any issues as the ISA570 is already EOL.  It is unfortunate as we just bought two of these only a year and a half ago.  We will have to move to enterprise equipment after this or just switch to something like sonicwall, have heard nothing but good things about it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content