Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PAT issue on an ISA550

I need a little assistance.  I am using an ISA550 with a Static IP block assigned using Static NAT and everything thing seems fine EXCEPT for 1 program.  This program needs port 443 mapped to port 22 on the private address however I can't determine how to do that.  The server that program is on is assigned a Static address so I need to access it through the public address.  I hope this is clear.  Does anyone know how to do this?

• Small Business Security
2 REPLIES

John, do you have the admin

John, do you have the admin manual? Around page 275 are some examples that may fit your scenario. The manual is here :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/administration/guide/ISA500_AG_book.pdf

There are a number objects that need to be created and linked, not trivial but the manual worked for me. Sadly, we'll never see a Wizard for this, what should be a relatively simple task.

Jim,Thanks for your reply.  I

Jim,

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried all the examples on those pages to no avail.  The issue I run into is that I am using Static NAT and when I run a scan on the public or private address of any server, I show these ports to be open.  I am trying to configure a product that is designed to be port mapped from 443 to 22, however when I try Dynamic PAT, Port Forwarding, Triggering, Advanced NAT, etc., I get an error that the port is configured using Static NAT (which is as it should be) but I am stumped.  This is the error I am getting.  

External port 443 is closed. Manually configure your broadband router to map external port 443 (TCP) to port 22 on internal host.

Since I am using Static NAT, this should happen automatically.

Views
Helpful
Replies