Can someone please provide a step-by-step guide on how to configure the SA-520 for Quick VPN Access? The manual doesn't describe this scenario at all, so please someone give me instructions how to set the IKE and VPN policy so that Quick VPN can connect. I don't need any IP validation or anything, I just need it to work and take it from there...
I would first make sure that your SA520 is at the latest firmware which is 1.1.65. After this I would suggest that you call in to our Small Business Support Center at 866-606-1866 and open a case so that an Engineer can discuss with you the steps for getting QVPN setup.
Like Mr Roe explained you may need to call into the office and let an agent test the connection for you. However here are some quick steps that you need to take to get the quick vpn configured.
1. You will need to access the set up screen for your SA520- You then need to click on the VPN tab.
2. Select IPSEC Users. There you will find a drop down arrow box select CISCO QUICK VPN.
3.The Menu option may change slightly. A warning message will appear that you will need to make sure that the LAN subnets are different from your local and remote side.
4. There will be another warning message advising you to enable remote management. You can find this area under the NETWORK MANAGEMENT TAB.
You will enable remote management from this page, by simply checking the box. you will need to grant access type by allowing all ip addresses or by range of addresses or for a particular PC which ever fits your need. All IP addresses is what I tested my VPN connection with and it was successful. The port you will use will be port 443. After you have configured this page save your settings.
5. Now that you have verified that all of your basic setting needs are taken care of now you can return to the VPN tab and create your user's and assign passwords for there connection.
6. Again you will choose the CISCO QUICK VPN from the drop down box and then assign your users.
7. For the users who will be accessing this connection they will need to have downloaded the cisco quick vpn client from our websight to utilize this type of connection. The version number for this QUICK VPN CLIENT is 18.104.22.168.
8. All users who try and access this quick VPN connection will need to have the QVPN client Utility saved on there desktop for access.
ISA500 series small business integrated security appliances can be
accessed, monitored and managed remotely. The below articles will give
you an insight of remote administration settings on ISA500 series
devicesCisco OnPlus Settings on ISA500 Series Integ...
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a secure network over an unsecure
environment like internet. The VPN allows the remote clients to access
the internal network resources (private network) over the Internet
(public). These are the most common VPN article...
Captive portal is an additional authentication step that can used for
both guests and authenticated users. Clients will see a special web page
for authentication purposes before they are allowed to use the internet
normally. Captive portal makes use of th...