Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QuickVPN client and remote DNS

I have set a SA 520 and the QuickVpn clients so they can connect remotley this is ok they cannot resolve host names bu they can connect to resources using IP addresses. i have checked the box on the QuickVPN client to allow the DNS of remote gateway for name resolution. the SA 520 is connected to a cable modem and gets its settings from there and when doing name resolution the VPN clients uses these which have no knowledge of my internal network or DNS server as these or ISP DNS servers. first line tech support suggests creating a LMHosts file for all computers that are to be connected to and distributing it to clients  which seems a archaic  and time consuming way of doing this. i was under the impression that with quickVPn client and the sa520 my clients would have seamless remote access  this is proven not to be the case. i may be missing something simple just dont know what. Currently still waiting on tech support getting back to me but if anybody has a workaround i would be interested in that would be appreciated.

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: QuickVPN client and remote DNS

Does the built-in DHCP Server of SA520 has your internal DNS Server's IP address in its configuration page? If not, perhaps you could give it a try.

Hi Sorry should have explained as these are replacing current firewalls DHCP is already setup using the Windows servers.

hello there

do you get it work?

i have the same problem.

dns name to ip dosent work

dns ip to name of course...

kind regards - michael

Views
Helpful
Replies