Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Resolve Host

I occasionally get a auto generated email from my router with the following message:

2013-07-09 00:10:12 - Err - System:  sdsd: tcp_connect: Couldn't resolve host v1.sds.cisco.com

2013-07-09 00:10:12 - Err - System:  sdsd: open_connection: TCP connection failed on connection 0x1B1C2CB8

2013-07-09 00:10:12 - Err - System:  sdsd: http_get: Error: Failed to open connection to v1.sds.cisco.com

2013-07-09 00:19:31 - Err - System:  sdsd: tcp_connect: Couldn't resolve host v1.sds.cisco.com

2013-07-09 00:19:31 - Err - System:  sdsd: open_connection: TCP connection failed on connection 0x1B1C2CB8

2013-07-09 00:19:31 - Err - System:  sdsd: http_get: Error: Failed to open connection to v1.sds.cisco.com

Does cisco servers go down alot?  Other then the above message I'm not having any problems with the device.

12 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Resolve Host

Hi Micheal,

I think you are recieving this error because the DNS settings are not configured propely on the device. Please can you mention the device name so I can post the appropriate configuration artlice to help resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Nnennaya Udochu

Community Member

Resolve Host

Hi,

where is the problem on DNS configuration ?

Thanks

Community Member

Resolve Host

It's all fixed and running like a champ.  thank you for the follow up.

Community Member

Resolve Host

Michael,

can you post your resolutions I'm getting the same error after perfoming the lates firmware on an ISA570

Community Member

Resolve Host

Sanron,

Seems the ISA550W is a little picky on DNS order entries.  I placed my internal first with outside as a secondary which caused the above error.  I switched them around and problem cleared itself.  My network skills are a little rusty and I don't quite get why that would make a difference since it should check both DNS entries before throwing up this error.  Can anyone answer this?

Did you test your video streaming yet?

Community Member

Resolve Host

thanks for the response.  the ISA was not able to resolve dns to ip after 5 days of upgrading.   decided to downgrade from the current firmware back to 1.2.15  and that solve the issues.  it appears inexplicable.

Cisco Employee

Resolve Host

Hi Sanron,

When you were running 1.2.17, was all dns resolution affected or were you just seeing similar errors that Micheal posted? 

Thanks,

Brandon

Community Member

Resolve Host

Brando,

All DNS resolution was affected,  approximately four days of upgrading to 1.2.17  plus I was seeing similar error as Michael.   the end user were unable to browse the web,  and could not ping or trace within the ISA570.

Thanks,

Ron

Cisco Employee

Resolve Host

Hi Sanron,

Could you please send me your system diagnostic files for the DNS issue ?

or open a case with SBCS.

thanks

Wei

Community Member

Resolve Host

i don't have the latest firmware update. i'm not having an issue with 1.2.15  do you want the diagnostic file with 1.2.15?

thanks

Cisco Employee

Resolve Host

Hi Micheal,

With 1.2.17, some additional logging for Security Services was added and right now, those messages may be seen during normal operation.  In your case, it could mean that dns wasn't able to resolve with the internal dns server and then it was retried with the second dns server.  We would be more concerned if we saw a lot more of those errors per second.

We're working on reducing those errors to where it may be more of an issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

Community Member

Hi,i have change parameters

Hi,

i have change parameters on wan interface and choice mode in DHCP Client et DNS from ISP.

Now i have no error in log.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content