Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

rv042 The router is very busy at the moment when change wan ip

hello

i'm using a rv042 with Cisco ProtectLink enable behind another router (x.x.x.106)

If I change the front router to another one (x.x.x.107) the rv042 become very slow, internet is slow and user complain about getting this message :

The router is very busy at the moment. PLease try again in a few minutes.

As soon sa I disable ProtectLink, everything's ok, internet is fast, rv042 is fast.

It looks like it can't connect to protectlink server ! Do I need to tell them my new Wan IP ?

Can anyone tell me protetlink server's IP ?

1 REPLY
Bronze

rv042 The router is very busy at the moment when change wan ip

Dear Tommy,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

As long as yours is not a RV042G everything should be ok with the ProtectLink given the circumstances.  Anyways, I would first suggest you to make sure you are running the latest firmware release version available; v4.2.2.08;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414010&flowid=784&softwareid=282465789&release=4.2.2.08&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If the problem persists I would then advise you to try to enter the activation code again from the "Cisco ProtectLink Web" menu on the router's GUI.  If still the same, I then suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center for further assistance (I know this ProtectLink is already end of life so its support may be subject to terms and conditions);

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I do not know its IP address but I am sure that is something we'll be able to assist you better from the support line I refer you before.  Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may assist you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content