Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV320 DHCP trouble shooting

Hi All,

I hope that some one can answer to this one.

Situation: Old Firewall died (TP-Link cruft), install Cisco and configure everything back to normal. Everything else works but not the access control finger print reader from Suprema (BioLite Net), it does not get IP from the DHCP server of the new Cisco, not shown in the DHCP Status page.

I can see the DHCP requests coming from the reader (tcpdump on a linux in the same lan) and the reader gets an IP if I connect an 3G ethernet dongle directly to it (with it's own DHCP server naturally).

Everything else in the LAN gets their IP as normal.

So any ideas? I can't figure out the console debug password to troubleshoot more.

Best

J

Ps. Sorry if this is not in correct board, first time here.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hello Jyri,

Hello Jyri,

My name is Kristian and I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. I suggest grabbing a packet capture so you can find out where the DHCP negotiation between the devices is failing. 

You can use the port mirroring function to perform a packet capture and analyze what is happening - you can enable this feature by going to "Port management - Port Setup" and "Enable port mirroring (port 1)". You will need to connect a PC/Laptop with Wireshark to Port 1 so you can sniff all the traffic.

If you need any additional assistance with this feel free to give us a call or write here.

Hope that helps,

Kris

Views
Helpful
Replies