Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SA500 Series IPS Updates

It's been quite a while since an IPS signature update has been posted.  Without the ability to customize and/or add IPS signatures us SA500 Series router owners are at the mercy of Cisco SMB to provide us with timely updates.

That said, when can we expect the next IPS signatures update?

5 REPLIES
Silver

SA500 Series IPS Updates

Curtis,

yeah someone for the Product Engineering team will need to answer this post hopefully they stumble across and provide us with answer.

Jasbryan

SA500 Series IPS Updates

Curtis,

I didn't reply to your post at first because I wanted to allow time for Cisco to respond, but now it has been approximately 4 months since an IPS update. We "upgraded" from the WRVS4400N Small Business line to the SA500 Small Business Pro line for branches thinking that since customers paid for an IPS subscription Cisco would be more inclined to keep the signatures current.

It has been 4 months now. . .no signature update for even the major Microsoft RDP exploit.

It is really odd to me, because Cisco has major UTM competition in the small business line and Protectlink combined with IPS is/was their answer. . .

SA500 Series IPS Updates

I agree whole heartedly.  The Cisco Small Business division needs to devote more resources to the IPS updates.  We are totally at the mercy of their updates.  We too purchased a 3-year IPS license hoping to gain a better IPS solution over our old WRVS4400N v2 router.  Cisco needs to provide us with at least monthly updates IMHO.

Cisco.  Are you listening?  Please respond.  I PM'd Cindy Toy because she is usually the person that announces the SA500 Series updates as they become available.  I haven't heard from her yet, but I only contacted her a few days ago.

SA500 Series IPS Updates

We are at nearly 6 months now with no update on our IPS signatures. . .

SA500 Series IPS Updates

They released updated and new IPS signatures today.

SBIPS000018

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content