Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SA520W - Can I network this to other APs?

I'm new to the Cisco Small Business Pro stuff and pretty green on Cisco wireless in general, but I"m wondering is there any way to network two SA520W's together wirelessly?  I want to extend the wireless coverage area that my lone SA520W can't reach but from what I can tell, I'd need to wire them to each other to get them networked, which is not an option for me.

Or, what product(s) would I need in order to network a few access points together so there is no wiring (other than power) whatsoever, just WLAN systems that client PC's can connect to?   I understand for Internet access, one of those devices would need a wire connection but my goal is to have all devices serving as access points connected to each other in a routable network but only via wireless.  Ideally this would be a "small business " setup, nothing big.  Thanks!

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: SA520W - Can I network this to other APs?

Cisco AP541supports bridge/repeater mode.  That should be able to address what you may be looking for.

The SA500 doesn't support bridge/repeat mode itself.

I would suggest you also try the SB wireless community where it may provide more wireless specific suggestions.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/wireless

Regards,

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies