Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SA520W-K9 and Wireless Culstering

Does the SA520W-K9 support Wireless Clustering with the AP541

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: SA520W-K9 and Wireless Culstering

Can you be more specific as to the layout you or topology you are referring to?  I want to make sure I fully understand your question.

Community Member

Has anyone answerd this. I have a SA520w and 3 AP541n's and want to use them in the same location. Technically the documentation supports this but there is no option in the SA520w to enable clustering. The same goes for WDS on the SA520w, there is no option to enable.

This is not supported.  The clustering is only for AP541Ns.  The SA520W can not be configured to work in a cluster today.

Community Member

Steve,

Thanks for the prompt answer. I don't see the feature and it is a dissapointment, so much for SMB equipment integration. It is interesting that the documentation states under the "Factory Default Settings" that ;

Clustering of Access Points - unique to AP54x - disabled

so it makes me think that the capability is intended but hidden. Perhaps for a later release. I am able to semi-cluster the SA520w with the AP541n's simply by using the same SSID's and VLAN tags. Do you see any problems with that arrangement or should I just turn off the SA520w radio.

Community Member

Hi there,

same question here: when (if ever) will Cisco support WPS linking with AF541N access points ?

Disabling WIFI on the SA520W is a bit silly, since we bought this box ust because of the included WIFI support...

Cisco, please advise.

Community Member

SA520w-k9 cannot be clustered with AP541N. Clustering feature is supported only between AP541N devices. Also WDS cannot be configured between a AP541N and SA520W-k9.

Regards,

Sunil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content