Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SA540 crash when connecting Tandberg video conference

Connecting a Tandberg T1700 to our LAN network causes SA540 to crash and reboot after a few
seconds. Tried to turn off SIP and H323 on the VC unit with no change in response.
SA540 running latest SW release (1.1.21).
Tried to get a log from the SA540, but the reboot delete all log info.

Anyone who have an idea on how to attack this problem and pinpoint what's going on?

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

Re: SA540 crash when connecting Tandberg video conference

I would start with calling Tandberg and finding out if they know of any device crash/reboot with use of their product.  I doubt it, but it's definitly something to do.  The fact that the 540 is crashing is the biggest concern for me.  I have never experience a cisco router, switch, or firewall that crashed because of traffic.  Not saying traffic will keep flowing, but the device isn't restarting without some help.

The only exception to this is when your talking about PoE.  Technically not "crashing", but the system will go down and restart.  If you are using PoE in your environment this is the first place I would look.  Also be mindful of any other type of situation that could cause the SA540 to have a power problem.  I.E. the 540 and the tandberg are using the same power "chain" and the tandberg causes instability with the power.

If you feel confident that power can not be an issue then my next step would be to force a controlled crash, but with a twist.

Setup the route path from the tandberg to the 540 so that traffic can not happen.  if there is a switch between the two I would shutdown the port on the switch.  then connect the tandberg and see what happens.  If no crash occurs then shutdown a port on the 540 and try plugging the tandberg directly into the 540's shutdown port.  This will rule out anything but traffic and system malfunction as a result of traffic.

If you get to the point where you know it has to be traffic related then starts packet captures.  I am not super familular with the SA540, but setting up a server to recieve the logs is usually a viable option.  This way you can review the logs and see what is occuring to cause the crash from a packet/log level.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a problem with the SA540 that will require replacement.

Views
Helpful
Replies