Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Selecting Radio Channels (vs Auto)

I've got a couple of SA520Ws (different sites); and I'm seeing some "interesting" issues with DLink (WiFi) Cameras and HP Photosmart printers. 

In both cases, the devices will set up just fine and work for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours; and then STOP working (loose connections to the SA520).   When I query or look at the device, it says it's still connected (in the case of the printers, their local menus actually still show the connection and an IP address, with the camera, the only "local" indicator is a status light, and it's green); BUT, the 520 does NOT show them as connected (no MAC address). 

If I reset the device, it connects right up and the whole process starts again.

Both HP and DLINK have suggesting "changing channels on your router".   So, last nite, I went into the radio settings on the 520 and changed the channel from "Auto"  to 3.    So far (at least 12 hours now), the camera seems to be staying connected; and I have good reports on the printer as well.

So - not being completely familar with 802.11n (both are N devices); I'm not sure what to make of this, and WHY not letting the 520 use "Auto" seems to have made a difference.    I'd welcome "enlightenment" by someone more knowledgeable - will this likely "stick"; and what's the DOWNSIDE to leaving the channel set to 3?

Thanks in advance!

Clay Jackson

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content