Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

site to site vpn

I have two sites that I am trying to connect, site (a) is a large school network using PPTP on the VPN, the remote site I need to connect to site (b) has a DSL modem with a static IP Address.

For testing purposes I bought a small Cisco RV042 of which I intend on connecting to the DSL modem and putting the Modem in bridge mode.  What I need to do or figure out is this, how to connect site (b) to site (a) using the RV042 and connecting it to a PPTP VPN.

Trust me when I say I am no VPN expert, I can connect my laptop to site (a) and RDP to the server I need, but I need to configure some equipment that will use the RV042 as a Gateway to the other network, if you follow my drift.

Can it be done? if so could someone give me some pointers on how to go about doing this? I am kinda stuck and need to get working on this Site to Site VPN asap.

Many Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES

site to site vpn

Let me know what devices you have on cisco side ? is it asa or router

site to site vpn

I am uncertain as to what the infrastructure is on the Main Network, I do not actually work for the School system but I am a contractor working on our equipment within the one building (Building Automation).  Just trying to figure a way to connect the two sites securly and using the existing VPN the School system already has in place.

Sorry I can't elaborate much more on this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content