Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN enhancements to SA500 series

I know that I can do the following on UC520, UC540, SR520, and ISRs, but not on the SA500 series currently:

• Easy VPN
  • IPsec tunnel interfaces
  • Multiple remote subnets with one IPsec tunnel

I know that the SA500 supports XAuth authentication for IPsec remote access VPNs, which is also found in Easy VPN.

Will the SA500 receive any additional VPN capabilities in the future?

3 REPLIES

Re: VPN enhancements to SA500 series

I am currently making suggestions on improvement opportunities for the SA500 series.  I welcome the input on what customers would like to see the router be capable of.  The enhancements you mention have been documented and asked to be incorporated in future firmware update.  I cannot promise if or when they will be added, but it  has been addressed.

As this is a new product line for Cisco, please check frequently the firmware download site for any updates to the device.

Regards,

jason

Overall the device is great, except VPN. The VPN setup for the SA500 series is too confusing. The admin guide does a good job in explaining the site to site implmentation but falls short on the IPsec with remote users and client software logging in from a non static site and SSLVPN neither of which we still have yet to get working. It also needs to be more clear on the VeriSign option is it required or not for SSLVPN and if so Verisign needs to do a better job getting back to clients through the form we fill out the information to have someone contact us. The VPN wizard is poor at best, leaves too many other steps to be completed before it can implemented, so whats the purpose of the wizard? Just really disappointed in the VPN features.

I will forward this along.

To answer your immediate questions, VeriSign is not required for SSLVPN.  If you create IPSEC users and then QuickVPN client, that is all you need to do for non SSLVPN users.

Views
Helpful
Replies