Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Web Browsing Issues After Installing ISA550W

Hello!

I'm a self-taught, self-proclaimed computer nerd. I happen to have been thrust into the position as IT manager at my job. Well, the long and the short of it is that we bought an ISA550W, needing a firewall. This thing is a little more advanced than I had imagined.

Anyway, I've installed it and have received a number of complaints that some websites have issues loading. It seems to be intermittent, with the exception of one site that we truly need access to. Basically, what happens is the site appears to be loading in the browser, but never actually loads. I've run a ping test to these sites in windows cmd and don't see any packet loss. I've also turned off all of the "Security Services" such as Web Reputation Filtering and Web URL Filtering. I've also added the sites to the Firewall's Content Filtering system as "Permit Always."

I'm not sure if this could be a lead, but it seems to be sites ending in .aspx.

I'm at a loss for other places to check what could be causing the issue. Any ideas that can be provided would be greatly appreciat

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

Please disable all security services and also the content filtering.

Then reboot the device and check again.

Is there any dual wan config active?

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts
Bronze

Hey Thomas,

As the ping test went well, I assume may be it is a DNS problem. Check your DNS settings and try open DNS servers. Also, delete all the firewall/acl rules that you have set up and try accessing the site again. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Vijay

Views
Helpful
Replies