Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ports does PVC2300 camera use

I am trying to make our PVC2300 reachable from the outside world. Since it has a web interface we'd like to just reach it through our apache proxy on one of our servers.

We've added:

ProxyPassReverse /camera_test/ http://192.168.75.97/

ProxyPass /camera_test/ http://192.168.75.97/

to the configuration file in Apache.

Now, the webpage for the camera is reachable; all settings can be changed, but no streaming video is seen.

Any thoughts on what else we'd have to do?

Eljakim

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

Re: Which ports does PVC2300 camera use

A VPN conneciton is the recommended best practice to access cameras remotely.  But you could open up some port forwarding rules on the router to let through to the camera...

Depends how you set up the camera to some degree....Here I assume that we used the camera advanced setting to set an alternate HTTP port of 1024, so requests can come in for more than one camera on the same LAN (1024, 1025, 1026). If you arent using alternate ports, assume TCP 80 instead.

Camera

HTTP w/ MPEG4

HTTP w/ MJPEG

TCP w/ MPEG4

TCP w/ MJPEG

UDP w/ MPEG4

UDP w/ MJPEG

PVC2300 / WVC2300

Audio & Video=1024

Audio & Video=1024

Audio & Video=554

Audio=554

Video=1024

Audio

Video

Audio (none)

Video = 1024

In General terms, one would expect:

•    If HTTP is selected the video/camera data will be encapsulated in HTTP packets

•    If TCP/UDP is selected the video stream is via RTSP

But this will also depend on the CODEC used:
•    MJPEG uses port 80 for streaming video.
•    MPEG-4 uses port 554 for RTSP streaming

Hi Steve,

thanks for your response. All of our other web applications are accessed through

a reverse proxy. We'd like the same for the PVC2300.

We aren't using alternate ports. We've just done a default install.

The client on the outside is using firefox.

I do see settings for MPEG4 and MJPEG, but I don't see where I can force which one to use.

The following xVC2300 API document, you can see how you can select what you want within the HTTP get request from a browser and what ports are used...

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-6744

The xVC2300 does not determine the access protocol from camera WebUI, only what the settings are for MPEG4 or MJPEG access as you notice in the Video GUI.    Its a dual stream dual codec camera so can do both at the same time.   The SWVMS16 does allow the selection of  the protocol used to access the camera.  Have you tried it as well?

For SWVMS16, if you select MPEG4 as you codec, and choose HTTP protocol, it uses HTTP to negotiate the session but the real video streaming will  use RTSP (554).  I have seen the case where SWVMS16 will accept the setting (sees the Camera over HTTP) but not the video (due to RTSP port blocked) when I select MPEG4.

This is why I was thinking you needed to open RTSP as well.

But do read the API doc.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content