Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wifi disconnects frequently on SA520W

The Wifi goes down every afternoon randomly. I have to manually reset it to get it working again.

Running 1.0.15 now. Changing to the latest firmware made it worse. The moment everyone got on the network the internet was dropping every 5 minutes.

Any idea why this is happening?

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Wifi disconnects frequently on SA520W

Have you ever done a wireless scan and see what type of wireless interference you could be experiencing.  I use the INSSIDER tool, its a free download and gives a very good in depth analysis of the wireless networks around your network.  From that you can pick a channel that is not being used or has less noise on that channel.  Wireless is a half duplex technology and if your on a channel and someone else comes onto that channel, you will get latency depending on the amount of traffic that is going through another wireless network.  If that signal is strong enough and can play havoc on your wireless and make you keep getting disconnected.  Hope this advice helps you John.

Cisco Employee

Re: Wifi disconnects frequently on SA520W

Hi John,

What is the Wireless mode you are running on your SA 520W?  Also, when you upgraded from firmware version 1.0.15 to 1.1.65 (I presume), did you re-enter all your parameters again, or did you load a saved config back in the SA 520W?  The reason I ask this is that upgrading firmware from 1.0.x to 1.1.x, forces a factory default of the unit.

Can you send us a debug log when you begin to experience the connectivity issues? Please log in to the SA520W router and in the URL type with IP address https://IP_address_of_SA540/scgi-bin/dbglog.cgi

These  logs will also have configuration file, so if you would like to change  passwords, please do. If you don't feel comfortable sharing this in the community, please feel free to send me the log file directly by private message.

Best regards,

Julio

John,

Is this issue resolved for you? If not let me know and I can help.

Regards,

Sunil

Cisco Employee

Sunil discussed a similar issue with someone and this seemed to be the fix..

By changing either the SA520W to 20MHz channel spacing (not recommended if you want max performance), or setting  the wireless network adapter to 40MHz channel spacing (Automatic) has  both made these latency and packet loss problems go away.

sa520w_radio_settings.jpg

Sorry for the Norwegian text, but if you are reading this post, I guess you can figure out what these settings are about:

channel_width.jpg

Glad to hear that it is fixed!

Regards,

Sunil

Views
Helpful
Replies