Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

WVC210 records also outside of the motion detection zone

Hi

I'm not able to disable motion detection recording in the non set zone. The cam records just everything within the whole camera area and ignores the (in my case) 2 set areas.

I tried it with all of the three adjustments under "Pan/Tilt" (Enable Motion Detection in all positions / Disable Pan/Tilt while Motion Detection is enabled / Allow Motion Detection only in the set motion detection zone).

Thank you for any help,

Freddie

7 REPLIES

No ideas?

Sorry, but I don't know where else to get support than here.

Hope someone can give me a tip!

Thanks,

Freddie

Cisco Employee

The motion detection zones are for detecting motion. I.e to avoid false alarms you narrow down the area were motion is being detected.

Recording will always be done for the whole viewable area. To mask out areas in you're movie you will need movie editing/recording software.

Regards

Jo

Jo

Thank you for your answer.

I might not be clear enough (my english...) so I try again.

Recording should start when motion is recognized within the motion detection zones, right?

In my case it starts to record even if the motion is recognized outside of these zones.

I have no idea why...

Regards,

Freddie

Silver

Freddie,

Yes where you specify motion area is where it should pick up and record. There are more than one area can be selected and overlap so be careful you don't have multiple areas define and overlapping.

Also you can have motion activation on camera itself and also have it configured on the recording software itself. I haven't seen a problem with this feature so most likely this is configuration issues. If you still having trouble you can give the SBSC a call @ 1-866-606-1866 inside U.S outside US--> click-here

Jasbryan

Jasbryan

I'm sure the areas are not overlapping. I also have another cam in use (Linksys) and have no problem with the motion detection.

There are not much configuration possibilities so I still don't know why both cams are recording when there are motions outside of the areas, but they do!

I'll call SBSC and hope for an answer.

Thank you for the info and the link!

Freddie

Cisco Employee

Hi Freedie,

how far is the "moving" object away from the camera lense. Could it be that the moving objects are in between light sources and the camera lense. If the overall luminosity in front of the lens  changes it could affect the marked zones.

Hi Joachim

Good idea. I checked that and there are no lights that could affect the marked zones.

The object is about 3 meters (9 feets) away.

Thank you for your help. I'm giving up and replace the cams with 2 other ones or I'll try the "Franzis EagleEye", a much more powerful and logical software.

Regards,

Freddie

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content