Before you start, make sure CUE is up with “CUE Diagnostics” and Voicemail is fully operational. Note that the Jabber Client does require a license that needs to be purchased.
Required Software: CCA 3.2.1, Software Pack 8.6.0. Cisco Jabber for iPhone 8.6.4 or higher.
Note: Jabber Supper is limited in this Maintenance Release and functionality is basic.
Limitations and Restrictions on Jabber with UC500:
• iPhone must be bound to Voice VLAN ( Heavy data usage on iPhone through Wifi may have side effects on Voice Quality).
• No Multisite support.
• Limited features supported on SIP Phones.
• No Shared Line support.
• No TSW support.
• Voice Quality not guaranteed.
• Our apologies, VPN support has been retracted due to side effects on SIP endpoints /trunks and CUE.
1. DTMF tones orginating from Jabber for iPhone are not recognized by Cisco Unity Express and some SIP service provides. To fix this issue, log
in to the UC500 using SSH/Telnet and enter the command:
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml
under the voice register pool for Cisco Jabber. (CSCts87199).
2. If an outbound proxy is configured under a SIP trunk, it may cause incoming calls (internal and external) to Cisco Jabber to fail. To fix this
issue, log in to the UC500 using SSH/Telnet and enter the command:
under the voice register global command.
1. Find the MAC address of your iPhone. On iPhone go to Settings -> General and Note the value.
2. Go to Telephone -> Users and Extensions -> Users and phones and create Cisco Mobile –IOS with the Mac Address
3. Connect iPhone Wifi to Voice Vlan on the UC500. On your iPhone Go to App store and download and install Cisco Jabber for iPhone. Open app and follow instructions.
4. Accept Notice and then Enter Account Settings
5. Then Enter Begin and then Enter Communication Manager settings as follows
Device ID: sep<Mac address>
TFTP Server: Voice VLAN IP address on UC500
Turn on User Authentication and enter the Username and Password that was created in Step 2
And then hit Save
6. Enter No for Desk Phone integration. This feature is not supported with this platform
7. For Voicemail, Enter the same Username and Password again and along with CUE IP address. Default IP address in 10.1.10.1. Do not edit port.
8. Enter no for Corporate Directory Setup. This is not supported.
9. You are now logged in and ready to use Cisco Mobile.
A registered Phone should look like this
Under the required software it states that 8.6.0 is required. How can I get 8.6.0 to use in our lab enviroment to test this? I tried to sign up for the EFT though I never recieved anything and now that link has been taken down.
This is great! Good to have this working in 8.6!
Is it possible to use extension mobility?
Is desk phone integration in the road map?
Please note the device ID is the MAC address of the phone not the UC5X0 device...
nice feature! but no love for us android users
Have followed the above instructions, but I'm still getting "Unable to verify account" on the iPhone and "Looking for CUPC/DirLookupDialRules.xml" on the UC500 TFTP debug. I have the iPhone connected to the Voice VLAN, am getting an address of 10.1.1.12 and can ping 10.1.1.1 from the phone.
is it wifi only ? Can i get it work on 3g ?
will it work with jabber for android ?
Jabber is supported only on Wifi ( No 3G/4G) and UC500 currently only supports Jabber for iPhone.
then is it possible to use a softphone like xlite with a uc540?
3rd Party SIP phones are not supported as of today.
If you get an errormessage "Unable to verify account", check your iphone ios version.
Cisco Jabber 8.6.3. 18492 (mit iOS 5.0)
Cisco Jabber 8.6.4. 18561 (mit iOS 5.0, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.1.1)
Cisco Jabber 8.6.5. 18781 (mit iOS 5.1.1)
Works well, the only issues we have are now MOH, and when I dial an internal number it never goes to voicemail. Could be because I am on a different network and the ACL is blocking it, but it's a good start.
Sorry spoke too soon as few issues, the biggest one is the call just drops after a while of being connected. This is both the same over the local WiFi network as well as remote via AnyConnect through an ASA.
I upgraded the UC540 software pack 8.6 and I do not see the option "Cisco Mobile –IOS" in users and phones.
Joan, Have you upgraded your version of CCA to 3.2.1? That is my best guess....
Any idea when the iPad version will be supported?
Even with "dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml" DTMF tones still do not work with CUE or external voicemails for me.
I would like to try this on a UC560. I've used it "locally" without any trouble. I read that to use it remotelly an ASA is required (where it has to be located? On the remote site with the SR520 or in front of the UC560?)
So how do we make 'Dial Plans' for jabber?
How do you add the '0' to access an outside line when dialing from your iphone contacts?
with ios 6.x.x the wlan dosnt work. you can ping the ip of the iphone but on the display of the iphone you cant see the wifi symbol. the registering process dosnt work with ios 6.x.x
i think there is a wlan issue between uc500 and iphone with ios 6.x.x
I seem to be having the same problem.
Cisco -- any update/advice/suggestion?
I use CCA 3.2 and UC520 software pack version 8-6.4 but i don't see the option "cisco mobile-IOS" in users and phones. what can be the problem?
Any seperate license required for this?
It is honor based licensing. Not enforced. You would need to buy the Cisco Mobile SKU.
Hi Navin, One question, What is the IOS version on your Iphone?
Does it work correctly all the time?
I have an iphone with cisco jabber but the call gets cut every 18 seconds , is this happening to you too ?
This is all great stuff but I am having problems when placing calls. I've never been able to place a single call with this client using different iOS phones. I can just receive calls.
The behaviour is shown in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2d3zkk1ix2m8y9/uc560.mov
Please let me know what could this be. Many thanks!