Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Remote VPN tunnel
Hi every one!!!
When you are configuring a remote VPN connection, there are some steps that are lost on the path.
Here you can see those steps.
A) In your Cisco device:
1. Ensure you don´t have any rule denying the traffic between the device and the remote site
2. Depending what kind of tunnel you are configuring, Go VPN>VPN Passthrough and enable:
* IPSec Passthrough
* PPTP Passthrough
* L2TP Passthrough
3.Depending on the device Remote Management needs to be on.
Go Firewall> Basic Settings and ensure to:
* Disable Block WAN Request
* Enable Remote Management
4. Users need to be created and enabled.
5. Only One Connection per User Account.
6. Local Network Subnet must be different than Remote Network Subnet.
7. If using Certificate the .pem file needs to be exported and placed under the:
“C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QVPN Client” folder.
B) In your Computer
1. You have to disable the firewall and the antivirus
2. Must be running Service Pack 3
3. Must have IPSec Services Running
4. Must have the Windows Firewall Off (the customer can have the firewall on but we do not support Microsoft or any other 3rd party Firewalls. ICMP Echo Requests are required inbound through the software Firewall for a connection to establish.)
*Windows 7 or Vista
1. Must running Vista Service Pack 2 or run in Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility for Windows 7.
2. Windows Firewall needs to be on. (3rd party Firewalls will not be supported.)
3. Must have IPSec Services Running.
4. You have to enable your firewall and create a couple of rules that are explained in this document.
Change the compatibility mode to Vista SP2. Then make sure Windows firewall is ON, and also follow the instruction for the firewall configuration (Windows 7)
***QVPN could not to work if you have more than one network adapter. So if you have a laptop or a computer with two or more network adapters (wired or wireless), you could disable the Wired/Wireless adapter(s) while you are using the QVPN, this because routing problems and IP conflicts with your local network.