Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Access WVC2300 video stream only

Is there a way to access the video stream of a WVC2300 (running latest firmware) without having to install the full software package or having to enter credentials to the camera?  I'd like to be able to put the stream on a restricted portion of a website?  Thanks...

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Access WVC2300 video stream only

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting. You should be able to access the RTSP stream with a URL that includes an access code:

rtsp:///access_code

For more information, please search the Admin Guide for RTSP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csbvsc/pvc2300_wvc2300/administration/guide/PVC2300_WVC2300_V20_UG_A.pdf

Thanks for the reply.  Another question if I might.  I really don't care about streaming video as much as just being able to see the area in a still image.  I setup FTP and then created an Event triggered every 1 minute but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Thoughts on how/if this camera would just FTP a JPG image every minute to an FTP site?

Gold

Brian,

What you see on that page is for motion detection alerts. As it is set at 1 minute, if an alert is triggered it will wait a minute before triggering another motion detection alert. The camera does not have the ability on its own to send a still shot at a set frequency. I recall reading a post where someone used software to capture a still image from the video stream at fixed intervals and uploaded it to a website. I don't recall what software was used to do that, although I'm sure there is more than one option.

Views
Helpful
Replies