Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can't Access WVC200 with the Cisco Video Monitoring System

I have contacted the help desk but nothing is forthcoming.

I need help to configure a WVC200 to with the Cisco video monitoring system. In the camera configuration there is no drop down item for a Linksys wvc200 camera only the WVC210 camera. Thus access is not possible. With my other camera WVC 210 there is no problem. Who can help?

Also the Cisco video monitoring system cannot reduce in size (drag smwller) but only full screen or nothing.. how can I move the monitor to my other video screen.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Access WVC200 with the Cisco Video Monitoring System

The WVC200 is not supported by the latestesty SW utility (since at least a year now).  That camera was replaced by the WVC210 some time ago.

This is not a bug.

9 REPLIES

The WVC200 is not supported by the latestesty SW utility (since at least a year now).  That camera was replaced by the WVC210 some time ago.

This is not a bug.

Steven

I know it is not a bug and that WVC 200 is not supported anymore but I find that a lame excuse. I only bought this 18 months ago and now Cisco does not support this. If it had been 5 years ago then I could accept.

Why you can't add a wvc200 template in the Cisco video monitoring systemn I just do not know.

Even the latest WVC200 fireware is only released this year.

WVC200_EU_V1.2.2R00.bin
Release Date: 20/APR/2010
Size: 4096.00 KB (4194304 bytes

Mike

Alot of people read these forums.  Thats why I wanted to call out this is not an oversight, rather consciously removed.

You know, if you still have the old SWVMS SW that you downloaded 18 months ago when you got the camera, that will still work.

Steve

Steven

I have the old SWVMS SW but I want to see the camera on the Cisco system. I have four cameras 3 WVC210's on one WVC200.

Mike

M.A. Page

Baden Powelllaan 2

3971 JJ Driebergen

Mobile: +31 622406393

Tele: +31 343 520048

Fax: +31 343 520184

E mail mapc@euronet.nl

I am an Engineer in Sales and just giving you what I know on the topic.  I have seen this discussed before.

It is what it is, sorry.  I think the WVC210 is far superior to the WVC200 and didnt have a problem replacing my 3 :-)

The Business Unit that makes the cameras and utility read here as well and can correct me if anything changed.

Steve

I do find the support provided by Cisco very thin... especially after you have taken over Linksys. To suddenly refuse to support a product such as WVC200 in 2009 yet provide updated software in 2010 and not make it part of the Cisco video monitoring system in 2010 is not customer friendly. What would Microsoft do if they decided not to support office 2003 and 2007 afre 2010 release.

I wait for the technical staff assessment and whether a software update can be made to accommodate the many LinksysWVC 200 customers. It must be a small job for a Cisco software guru.

M

I regret inform you that it will not be possible to include the WVC200 into the new software as was mentioned by Steven since the product have been discontinued a while back. However we will still maintain support for 3 years after it's replacement. This is why you see a new firmware out in 2010. We will fix any issues that is not functioning as designed by posting new firmware when deemed necessary but the firmware will not add any new functionalities to the camera. Eventhough the WVC210 looks similar to the WVC200, neither the hardware nor the software are the same hence the reason why the WVC200 will not work with the SWVMS16 software.

Alan.

Alan, Thanks..

I had one other point for improvement mentioned in my first mail and that was wrt the Video Monitoring system.

The previous versions allowed a user to reduce the size of the monitor by dragging from a corner (as with all Microsoft office programmes) .... now it is either maximum, minimised (on task bar) or full screen. This takes up a full screen and does not allow me to move the Cisco monitor to my other video screen or work on other programmes in parallel on my main screen .

Could you review the possibility to add that to your next update.

Mike

Mike,

Yes that is one limitation to the new software. The reason is that on the retail version (of the software) has the capability of dragging the console to another screen. Of course nothing is impossible, I will definitely keep your request in mind. Thank you for all your valuable feedbacks.

Alan.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content