Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco video surveillance manager change to default password; how to?

Hello!

Recently I've been given a Cisco  video surveillance system for managing (the software platform is cisco video surveillance operations manager 4.1 I think!?). The problem is that no one  knows the main server password. The default username and password was  root/secure4u. The problem is that someone (probably the guy before me)  change it and now I can't create new users, define rolls for existing  users or add new cameras to the system.
The cisco software runs on a server with linux operating system.

This is the software (installation doc):
I  want to solve this problem without reinstall the software. Do you know  how can I go back to default username/password (root/secur4u) for Cisco  video surveillance operations manager (some linux commands)???
2 REPLIES

Cisco video surveillance manager change to default password; how

Hello!

Let me be more cleare on my problem:

1. The username and password for Video Surveillance Management Console (vsmc) is the defaul one: root/secur4u

2. The password for root user for Video Surveillance Operation Manager (vsom) has been changed and I can't retrieve it.

It it possible by using the vsmc console to change the password for root user for vsom console????

Cisco video surveillance manager change to default password; how

I have this problem too. Did you manage to fix the issue?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content