Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Lens SKUs are locked at distribution

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9692/ps9944/data_sheet_c78-528435_ps10333_Products_Data_Sheet.html

The above link is to lenses for the PVC2300 under the "Cisco Small Business Video Surveillance Lenses" category, but when we try to buy one of these lenses, it shows a locked SKU only available to "Physical Surveillance ATP" Cisco partners.

Any Cisco employee out there no why a select partner cannot buy a Cisco part number SKU for a PVC2300? Example SKU = CIVS-IPC-VT38, Disti is IM

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (3)
7 REPLIES

Re: Lens SKUs are locked at distribution

The distribution restrictions should have been removed.  I will have someone check on this and get this corrected.  The lenses should be able without restriction.

Davin,

Has this been completed yet or at least in the works. We are still locked from the SKU at both TD and IM. We are SMB Select. I spoke with my IM rep, and he claims they are still locked SKUs.

Please let us know when this issue is corrected or at least another method to purchases compatible lenses for the PVC2300.

Thank you in advance.

While you are waiting for the CIVS-IPC-V* DC-iris lenses to be enabled in distribution, you can order the CAMLMI or CAMLWA lenses.  These are orderable right now through distribution.

From what I can tell, we just order an AXIS lens with CS-mount to work on the Cisco camera. We can at least buy an axis lens at disti.

Just to clarify.  You are trying to order the spare sku correct?  Such as CIVS-IPC-VT38= (with the equal sign).

IM does not have the equal sign part number.

Anyway, this is to much work. Cisco is still far away from everything needed to support the partner on this line. It is crazy how much time and effort it takes to simply get a lens for this solution. This is only a lens. Try figuring out an enclsoure...that's even harder.

That's great, but they are manual IRIS. That is a good solution for a door camera, but not for suveillance of an area where the operator might want to change the focus.

Are these standard camera lenses where we could simply get another vendor's product to fill our need?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content