Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Linksys WRV200 IP camera

I have a Lorex hard wired IP camera that I am connecting to my Linksys WRV200 router. It is a PoE (power over ethernet) camera. I have connected a PoE injector between the router and the camera but it does not show up on my lan network. It seems like the router is not assigning an ip to the camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks           

• Small Business Surveillance
3 REPLIES
Gold

Linksys WRV200 IP camera

Bob,

Connect the camera/injector to your PC. The camera should have a default IP address that it uses when it cannot find a DHCP server. Give your PC a static IP address in the same subnet and connect to the camera. Give the camera a new static IP address in the same subnet as the router and then connect it. It should now "talk" to the router. If you cannot reach the camer with your PC, then you know that the issue is with the camera/injector.

Please reply if you have any questions and keep us updated.

- Marty

Linksys WRV200 IP camera

Thanks Marty,

Just to be clear. When I connect the injector and camera to the ethernet port on pc I have to use a cross connect cat5 cable?

Bob

Gold

Linksys WRV200 IP camera

Bob,

My guess would be no, you can use any cable. If the camera is really old it may be required.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.