Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PVC2300 View over HTTP

We are trying to setup a program that has a window with the playback from the PVC2300.  If I setup the link as the IP of the camera (192.168.1.150) it show the entire home page.  How do you link to the camera output only?

6 REPLIES

Re: PVC2300 View over HTTP

Try http://192.168.1.150/media.sav

It comes up as webpage not found when I try that in Internet Explorer.  Do I need to change anything in the setup to make that work?

Do you want this to work from the LAN (local same VLAN as camera) or the WAN (remote)?

OK,

I set up a PVC2300 on a PoE Switch behind a Small Business router and enabled RTSP on the Camera and forwarded port 554 to the Static IP address of the Camera as a port forward rule on the router.

I then opened Apple Quicktime and selected Open URL

I typed:   rtsp:///mobile.sdp <--- (I apologize for giving you media.sav before since that didnt work)

the resulting picture (granted very low quality since this is intended for viewing on a 3GPP Smart Phone at low bandwidth cunsumption), but it worked.

For much better quality, I used the FREE SWVMS16 Monitor Utility which can watch up to 16 cameras remotely (powerful PC required for 16).

I usually watch 4-8 on my lap top while doing other things....

I attached that too....

I will give it a shot.  I will let you know.  Thanks for the help.

LAN

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content