Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

seeking solution for ip cameras

hi all,

i have been assigned a project to install 20 ip cameras at 7 different locations .... out of 7 locations one location would be considered as head office .. the data of all 7 locations would be stored at head office ... i humbly request you  to guide me in the selection of cisco routers for internetworking between these locations .... i will be greatful if you provide me network diagram for this solution ..my email id is popat85@live.com

thanking you in anticipation

2 REPLIES

Hi, Ahsan. Thanks for your question and interest in Cisco Small Business. Please note that Cisco Small Business will end of sale (EoS) all IP Cameras and Surveillance software as of December 1, 2011. Reason is Cisco's refocus on core infrastructure products (routing, switching, wireless, etc). Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns (ledavis@cisco.com).

Thanks,

Leah

With regard to question on which routers may be best for this scenario, please take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/small_business_routers/index.html -> the RV220W may be a good fit for all locations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11025/index.html

You may want to get hold of a not for resale (NFR) unit to test the head end with video + internet mix traffic flows (I assume it won't be just video running on the network), and performance will also depend on what level quality of video you are recording and sending over the WAN/VPN. Please email me (ledavis@cisco.com) with your State and I'll provide a local contact to get an NFR unit.

Thanks,

Leah

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content