Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SG300 Vlan routing

We have recently purchased a SG300 to break up our network which most consists of virtual machines via Bridged networking on network machines. I have created successfully Vlans and the physical machines are capable of communicating across the different subnets that I have created via the SG300 however the Virtual machines can no longer be reached.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Many Thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Bronze

SG300 Vlan routing

Hi Mohammed,

Let me know the gateway information for the Virtual Machines

Also provide the information about VLANS that configured in SG300 switch.

regards

Moorthy

SG300 Vlan routing

Hi Vasudeva,

Thanks for you prompt response I have managed to resolve this by changing the gateway on the VMs to the relevant Vlan interface however I seem to have another problem. We run a Astaro security gateway which is our firewall and this is a virtual device with 2 network interfaces, one connected to our Fibre and the other is used for clients to connect to the Internet. This is achieved by setting the default gateway on clients to 192.168.150 which is the internal interface on the Astaro VM.

I have setup two Vlans for the time being one on the subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and the other on 192.168.2.0/24. All hosts on the 192.168.1.0 subnet can use the Astaro for internet access however all the hosts on the 192.168.2.0 subnet cannot reach the Astaro. They can however reach each other as in clients on the 192.168.1.0 subnet can communicate with clients on the 182,168.2.0 subnet.

Also I have enabled DHCP relay on the Switch however clients are not picking up DHCP addresses from our DHCP for the 192.168.2.0 subnet for which I have created a new scope on the server.

Thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies