Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VC240 Question

Good afternoon!

I purchased a VC240 camera to use as a construction cam for our new building project.  I thought that I read that I could take still pictures with the camera.  So far, I have been unable to figure out how to take a still picture and ftp it to my web server.

Is it possible and if so, how?  I have my ftp server configured inthe camera, and I can push the test file to the server.  I don't see where to configure anythign else.

If there is a software program that I can download and install, or even purchase, that will work too.  I need to get this working before the construction gets into full swing.

Thank you for any and all suggestions and pointers.

Steve Barr

Madison Local School District

Mansfield, OH

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

VC240 Question

Boy do I feel stupid...

Not ten minutes after I post my message, I figure out what I was doing wrong.  I now have the camera doing exactly what I wanted it to do 2 months ago.

I'm not going to keep it on this machine, but here's a link to an image of the site- MLSD Construction Cam

For the record, I created an entry under media that is a snapshot with my filename prefix.  Then I created an event that runs periodically every 30 minutes and references the media I created.

Thanks.

Steve

Gold

VC240 Question

Steve,

Thank you for posting what you found. No need to feel stupid, I am certain that your post will help someone in the future with the same issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies