Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Video recording from Cisco WVC210 security camera, on Cisco Media Hub

Dear Linksys/Cisco Partners,

Quick question: I understand that, when I'm trying to store video to my laptop (from my Cisco WVC210 security camera), either I need to keep the laptop on, all the time, or I need to get a Network Attached Storage device... For this purpose, can i use the Cisco Media Hub, which is available over Amazon? Or any other NAS devide, like the WD or other brands?

Second question related to above is that, how do I make sure the camera accesses to this new device (NAS) for storage.

On the set-up page, of the camera, I trust, the new NAS will simply show up as a new folder?? I will select that drive. And once I do that, I do not need my lap top to be "on" all the time. Even if my lap top is off (from which I did the setup), the camera will still access to the NAS, correct? And I would need to keep the NAS, on, all the time (at least during recording hours). Correct??

Thanks for your help.

Yalin

• Small Business Surveillance
1 REPLY
Gold

Video recording from Cisco WVC210 security camera, on Cisco Medi

Hi Yalin,

Thank you for posting. The WVC210 can connect to a network device that supports SMB/CIFS protocol. You will have to enter the IP address and path to the Media Hub in the camera. Then the camera can record to that device without a PC being on. I see no reason that the Cisco/linksys Media Hub would not work fine, although I personally have never tested one. Please reply if you have any questions.

Views
Helpful
Replies