Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WV210 will not update

I just purchased a Cisco WVC210 camera with version 1.1.1.  I downloaded v 1.1.1.15 and installed it but for some reason it doesn't update.  Browser still shows version 1.1.1.  Also can't connect with wireless.  Ethernet cable is all that works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WV210 will not update

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

When the last firmware was developed, the coders did not allow enough spacing to properly display the FW version. 1.1.1 is actually 1.1.1.15. Sorry for the confusion. You are not the first to be fooled by this.

For your wireless to work, Make the SSID and security match that of your wireless router and save. Power down the camera, unplug Ethernet cable and then power up the camera.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

If your question has fully answered, please mark this question has answered.

1 REPLY

Re: WV210 will not update

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

When the last firmware was developed, the coders did not allow enough spacing to properly display the FW version. 1.1.1 is actually 1.1.1.15. Sorry for the confusion. You are not the first to be fooled by this.

For your wireless to work, Make the SSID and security match that of your wireless router and save. Power down the camera, unplug Ethernet cable and then power up the camera.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

If your question has fully answered, please mark this question has answered.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content