Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wvc210 camera display not working

Hi,

I have a wvc210, the little LCD display on the camera is not showing anything so I cannot determine what IP it is working off. The indicator lights are working and it boots up ok. 

Any suggestions?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Hello, First of all, I'm

Hello, 

First of all, I'm sorry that you are having issues with the camera.

My first recommendation if for you to contact the support center at 866-606-1866 so that we can determine if the device is under warranty and replace it.

If that is not an option or you already know the device is out of support and since the unit is working correctly, what you can do is look into the DHCP table and find the MAC Address of the camera, that way you will now the IP address that is using and will be able to log into it.

Also, if that is not an option, you could download a network scanner (several free on the internet, as always, Google is your friend), run the scan and find the MAC address.

Once you found the address, log into the unit and assign a static IP address to it so you will always know how to access it.

I hope this was helpful.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Hello, First of all, I'm

Hello, 

First of all, I'm sorry that you are having issues with the camera.

My first recommendation if for you to contact the support center at 866-606-1866 so that we can determine if the device is under warranty and replace it.

If that is not an option or you already know the device is out of support and since the unit is working correctly, what you can do is look into the DHCP table and find the MAC Address of the camera, that way you will now the IP address that is using and will be able to log into it.

Also, if that is not an option, you could download a network scanner (several free on the internet, as always, Google is your friend), run the scan and find the MAC address.

Once you found the address, log into the unit and assign a static IP address to it so you will always know how to access it.

I hope this was helpful.

thank you for this. Your

thank you for this. Your suggestion was very helpful. I downloaded a scanner an was able to identify the camera and give a static IP address through the setup pages.

thanks again..

Silver

Hello, Thank you for letting

Hello, 

Thank you for letting us know that this worked, m glad you gained access back into the camera.

Views
Helpful
Replies