Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wvc210 disconnecting

My wvc210 is only recording for 15-30minutes because it is losing connection.  Does anyone know how I can get the camera to continue recording after it loses the connection.  It is reconnecting at some point but not recording?

thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES

Re: wvc210 disconnecting

Hi Lou,

I ask why is the camera disconnecting,  but there can be a myriad of reasons why this is occurring, so I'll avoid this question for the moment.

I guess you are either  using the free surveillance monitoring application to monitor the Camera's video or the CIFS client to record directly to the server?

I must admit I prefer the control given by the free Surveillance monitoring application as recording should continue when the camera wirelessly reconnects.

If you are doing SMB/CIFS recording directly to a server, a deeper investigation is needed, error logs from the server, i have no answer to why the recording doesn't continue..  but lets see what other people post.

regards Dave

Good guess.  I am using the free monitoring software that comes with the camera.

Gold

Lou,

I recall seeing an issue where a camera disconnected and stopped recording after 20 minutes. Changing the format from MJPEG to MPEG4 resolved the issue. Please reply and let us know if you need more help.

Actually, I had just used the default which is MPEG.

Gold

Lou,

Can you clarify the issue you are having? My understanding is the following:

• Monitoring software is configured and you are setting it to record always.
  • You start the recording schedule and it starts recording.
  • The camera loses the connection to the recording computer. (Wireless?)
  • When the camera reconnects, the software fails to start recording again.

Please reply and let me know if this is the case. Also, please provide any other details that you think may be relevant.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content