Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WVC210 E-mail not holding password

I have a WVC210 camera. So far I am very happy with the camera.  There  is an issue in the e-mail notification configuration where the WVC210 will  not hold my password. When I send a TEST from the application the SMTP  fails.  I then enter the password associated with my e-mail, send a test  message and it works.  I click the SAVE button and then run another  test and SMTP fails.  What is causing the password from not saving in my  camera. This is very frustrating...

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: WVC210 E-mail not holding password

Walter,

wlee6065wlee6065 wrote:

I have a WVC210 camera. So far I am very happy with the camera.  There  is an issue in the e-mail notification configuration where the WVC210 will  not hold my password. When I send a TEST from the application the SMTP  fails.  I then enter the password associated with my e-mail, send a test  message and it works.  I click the SAVE button and then run another  test and SMTP fails.  What is causing the password from not saving in my  camera. This is very frustrating...

I have not seen this issue before. When you say it works, do you mean that it actually sends an email to the account you specify or does it just say "Test successful"? What type of email account are you trying to send from? (i.e. gmail, yahoo, hotmail, your ISP email)

I am using ISP Mail, att associated with my DSL account.  When I enter the correct password it sends properly, success response and the e-mail test message appears in my in box.  When I click SAVE and send another test SMTP message it FAILS..

Gold

I have attempted to set up the camera in the past with AT&T webmail. Unfortunately my understanding is that it is a service provided by Yahoo and Yahoo mail will not work with the WVC210 because it is SSL. Someone posted a workaround here not too long ago, a way to get around the restriction. Try the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3221211#3221211

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content