Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 Enclosure?

These are GREAT cameras, however, no one knows of an enclosure so that it can be mounted outside... any ideas...?

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES

Re: WVC210 Enclosure?

The WVC210 is intended for indoor use.  The dome that encloses the pan tilt camera is not removable, so any outdoor enclosure would have two domes.  That would cause image quality issues.  No outdoor enclosure for the WVC210 is planned.

Thanks for the feedback.  As I mentioned to our SMB rep (Connie Dimitrov), we would sell a bunch of these for our SOHO clients if they had some weather protection.  She checked on this for me and told me that the issue is being address in Q1, so we are eagerly looking forward to that solution...  Until then, we will use other camera vendors for outdoor cameras...

Until then please consider the Cisco Small Business PVC2300 in a Pelco Enclosure.

Even our PVC300 can be enclosed.

May still be cheaper than a weather proof camera for the robust IP Camera you get for the money.

Sincerely,

Steve D

Thanks again for the expedient response.  We tried the PVC300 with Pelco and there was no enclosure that fit it, we talked with a rep and were unable to resolve it, so we went with a panasonic for that client.  Again, we look forward to consumer/lower end weather proof cameras in Q1.  You guys are great and I appreciate you very much...:)

Steve,

We also tried to find an enclosure for the PVC300, and we cannot find one yet. The PVC300 camera is just too large for the Pelco enclosures. Cisco might want to invest a few $$$$ in researching this enclosure for the PVC300 issue.

How many times is a security/surveillance camera NOT enclosed? Go to the mall, bank, small business. The camera is in an enclosure a super-majority of the time.

We are reviewing/investigation solutions internally and with partners, but that is about as far as we can say on this public forum for the PVC300.

WVC210 will not be enclosed.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content