Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 - FTP - Error

When I enter the path, I get an error pop up that says:  Error unable to set FTP configuration

I know my server is correct.  I know my firewall is open.

I have tried every combination and I continue to get this error.

HELP!

Thanks,

Randy

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: WVC210 - FTP - Error

Have you entered a File Path Name? The screenshot doesn't appear to show anything in that field.

Correct observation.

The file path is entered as the Share you set up on the NSS.  If your using our NSS it would also need to have FTP enabled and a share created under a volume with FTP and CIFS access enabled (in case you want to look at the images/videos saved from a PC (or NFS if its Linux).

Entered in the Camera as "/camera1"  (no quotes but forward slash required) if the share was built as camera1 on the NSS.

Dont forget to then enable Event Detection, Motion Detection for FTP on the camera too.

Steve D

Steve/myhala:

When I enter the path as /sharename. the error pops up and throws away what I entered. That is why you can't see the path I entered.

?

it was as you suggested.  i had to enable motion detection.  once I enabled it, it accepted my /sharename.  (which the dependency isn't obvious - I would think that the error should be more specific to the setting being required).   I think it should be in the configuration guide as well.

Anyway -  thanks for the help!

Randy

Gold

Thank you for posting the solution!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content