Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 + FW 1.1.1.15 | Problem with Setup > Administration > Users

With the current firmware it is not possible to save a setting on the setup-page "Administration > Users":

The both javascript-functions singlesave(i) and SaveAll( ) must fail, because in the subroutine checkData( ) the variable user_pwd_old is undefined!

I need an urgent hotfix or some kind of work-around.

Best Regards

Dirk

Everyone's tags (3)
17 REPLIES

WVC210 + FW 1.1.1.15 | Problem with Setup > Administration > Use

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I have poulled one of my cameras from the storage room with fw 1.1.1.15 installed. I went to the Administration -> Users page and entered User 1 : User Name - test Password - test and Confirm Password - test. Clicked the add button and then Save down on the bottom left. Closed the GUI and then relogged back into it. All settings stayed.

I am using IE 8 and also tried was able to do the same with Chrome (15.0.874.106)

Do not have Firefox on this test laptop.

Can you explain what you went through exactly?

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
SBSC WIreless and Surveillance SME
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Re: WVC210 + FW 1.1.1.15 | Problem with Setup > Administration >

Hello Mister Moyers,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

I will try to explain the problem with some more details:

It does not matter which change of settings I try to save (modifying admin-passwd or adding/changing specific user-settings) -- nothing works! There is absolutly NO reaction/feedack from the GUI if I click on any of the change/add/save-buttons ...

And I even tried this with different browsers (chrome, firefox, ie) -- but the effect is always the same!

Furthermore I checked the setup-page with the firefox-developer-tools and on the error-console I finally got the hint to the mentioned script-error (undefined variable).

Sorry, but that's all what I can say to this topic.

Best Regards

Dirk Rasmussen

Silver

WVC210 + FW 1.1.1.15 | Problem with Setup > Administration > Use

Dirk,

First i would make sure all setting of the router have screen shots. next lets factory reset the unit by holding down the reset button for 30 second. Now local default ip address will be 192.168.1.1 - log back into the WRV210 - lets try and change the administration-->user and see if we get the same response.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Hello together,

did you recognize my info, that there seems to be a bug in the source-code (javascript) of that setup page ?

Maybe it's only a bug in the EU-release of your current WVC210-firmware ?

Regards

Dirk

Silver

Dirk,

Yes, source code for EU and US are the same on this device- the only difference is the power supply between these models. I would follow my pervious instructions unless you haven’t done so already then if are still having trouble after give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case so we can take a look as well.

Support numbers depending on what country.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

---

---

=== >   I suspect, that due to the following error the subsequent initialization of the array user_pwd_old fails as well:

Hello Sir, Thank you for that info.

I will be the first to admit reading that code is not my strongest ability. But I was a Mainframe programmer at one time. While I am not ruling out anything, I have to consider that this is the first issue with this functionality that I have seen. I know that the cameras here all function correctly and they are upgraded to 1.1.1.15.

Not impossible but hard to think that a source code issue would only affect one camera.

One thing we could try is downgrade the camera to 1.1.0.12 and see if your issue persists.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282414033&flowid=7149&softwareid=282465469&release=1.1.0.12&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

I do believe that Jason's suggestion is best call in and let one of our agents walk through the troubleshooting with you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

The webcam is located in production environment and is only accessible via remote maintenance. To perform the proposed steps (factory reset or downgrade), I need to drive to the installation location and furthermore need to interrupt the ongoing operations. And that it is, what I want to avoid if possible.

But how about when you first clean up the error(s) in the source code? 

If the issue was source code, there should be more than one camera that is affected by this issue.

Again I am not saying it is beyond impossible, but the chances that the issue is coming from something else is greater than the possibility that this is a source code issue that only affects your camera. There will have to be more troubleshooting to further explore the possibilites of your issue.

Please call in for support on this issue. That will be the most expediant for this issue.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

With all due respect for your position on this issue, but I think I've contributed a lot for the encirclement of the error already.

I do not like to contact again another department by phone and to explain everything from scratch again.

Could you please be so kind and forward this issue to the compentent experts for me?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk Rasmussen

You would not be contacting another department. You would be contacting my department when you call into the Small Business Support Center. I am the Subject Matter Expert for Wireless and Surveillance Small Business Products for this Center. I am very happy to forward this e-mail thread to the business unit and development team for their input.

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Great! So I'm waiting on their response!

My further contact details can be found in my profile.

Sir, I have spoken with the Business Unit and Development team. They agree that the next steps to troubleshoot this issue is to go through the steps I listed above. Which is to first reflash the firmware on the camera and reconfigure, the next option is to downgrade the firmware. At this point, if there is still no solution then we can look at a possible RMA of the camera. But we have to troubleshoot in order to do the RMA.

I appreciate your work in finding a possible problem, however there are steps/policies that we have to follow.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Cisco Employee

Hi Dirk -- Appreciate your participation and all the info. I've solicited feedback from the surveillance developers and engineers at Eric's request. They agree with his analysis.

Can I take from your last post that you've opened a case with the Small Business Support Center? Strongly recommend you do so it you haven't. There are just too many variables in this case so take the time to give the support center a call. (US Center is available 24/7.) We definitely want to help.

Again, appreciate your time and participation. Above all appreciate you choosing Cisco Small Business.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

Hi Stephanie,

first of all: thanks a lot for your reply!

But as I said alredy, the webcam is in production operation at a small airfield (PPR, airsports association, ...).

For this reason I do not want to re-initialize the webcam - especially not on weekends.

Furthermore I still can not understand, why this procedure - you have described - is really necessary and what this will change at all !?

So far I still did not receive any definitive answer from you, regarding my posted javascript errors !?

And why should it be necessary for the solution of the original problem, to phone-call your department in the U.S. in that matter ??

I will try your recommended re-initialization-procedure in the next days and will reply afterwards. But I really hope, that my extra effort will help in this case ...

Best Regards

Dirk

Referring to my previous answer here are my results:

Meanwhile I have done the recommended factory-reset and have restored all the previous configuration manually. The Page "Administration > Users" functioned without any problems.

But at this point you should not celebrate too soon!

Even after the factory reset, the behaviour of the relevant Admin-Page is still very unstable and absolutely not consistent!

Here is a brief summary of the circumstances when that page does function and when not:

OS WindowsHomeServer, Local Access via LAN:

Firefox 3.6.23:   no

IE 8.0.6x:   yes

OS WinXP, Local Access via LAN:

Firefox 7.0.1:   yes

IE 8.0.6x:   yes

OS WinXP, Remote Access via Internet & PortForwarding:

Firefox 3.6.23: yes

IE 8.0.6x: yes

OS Win7, Remote Access via Internet & PortForwarding:

Firefox 7.0.1:   no

IE 9.0.8x:   no

Safari 5.1:   yes

Google 15.0.874.106m:   no  (after Reset Browser-Cache: yes !?)

Conclusion: I am convinced that the factory-reset has absolutely no effect on the original problem, and the discribed misconduct in certain environment still remains.

Now it's your turn again  

At this point I would again point to the reported inconsistencies in your javascript code.

Perhaps this leads only in certain browser-environments to the mentioned negative side effects ...

Best Regards

Dirk

Cisco Employee

Hi Dirk -- Thanks for the post. I fear we've offered all we can in the Community. In order to review further you will need to open a case with the Small Business Support Center. You'll find the telephone numbers here: www.cisco.com/go/sbsc. Feel free to let the support engineer know you've posted in the community and share this URL.

Thanks again,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content