Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 HTTPS configuration

How can I configure the WVC210 to access using HTTPS instead of HTTP?

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: WVC210 HTTPS configuration

The WVC210 does not support using HTTPS (ref. pg 99 of Admin Guide).  You can however specify an alternative port other than port 80 (page 61 of the Admin Guide).

Best Regards,

Glenn

Cisco Employee

This was pointed out to me already after I replied to your post.  I have sent this issue over to the PM to review and verify and will update you here once I have an answer.  My sincere apologies for the documentation inconsistency and rest assured we are working to correct it.

Best Regards,

Glenn

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The WVC210 does not support using HTTPS (ref. pg 99 of Admin Guide).  You can however specify an alternative port other than port 80 (page 61 of the Admin Guide).

Best Regards,

Glenn

Well, thanks for your answer but in the datasheet of the cam, Cisco provide HTTPS Support. (The WVC210 can also be managed securely using HTTPS.). Please review with product management to remove this text from datasheet if it's not supported.

See Datasheet "Cisco WVC210 Wireless-G PAN Tilt Zoome (PTZ) Internet...." page 2.

Network protocols such as 802.1p priority, 802.1Q VLANs, and Dynamic DNS (DDNS) are

also supported. The WVC210 can also be managed securely using HTTPS.

Cisco Employee

This was pointed out to me already after I replied to your post.  I have sent this issue over to the PM to review and verify and will update you here once I have an answer.  My sincere apologies for the documentation inconsistency and rest assured we are working to correct it.

Best Regards,

Glenn

Thanks for the follow-up Glenn.

Kind Regards,

Marcel

Views
Helpful
Replies